Tuesday, July 1, 2014

First Classes and Blini

I've officially spent yet another amazing day in St. Petersburg. Much different from yesterday, I spent the majority of my day in both of my Russian history courses. Both, I've begun to love already. There is a certain, unexplainable feeling when studying historical events and visiting places where they actually occurred. I highly recommend that everybody experience such a marvelous feeling themselves. In other words, study abroad! On top of starting my classes I tried yet another piece of Russian cuisine, blini. Which is a lot like a crepe and can be bought from stands in the city. There are many different flavors of blini. I ordered a blini filled with cheese, incredible. Being honest, my group couldn't read the menu at the stand. We ended up asking a Russian woman for help. Another thing I've noticed is just how friendly Russian people can be. All you have to do is make the effort to try and talk to them. Their response is even better if you attempt to speak Russian. Indeed, that is one of my missions tomorrow. Order another blini in Russian. We'll see how it goes!

I couldn't help taking a bite... blini is incredible.
I apologize for such a short post. Tomorrow I'll spend the day on another excursion in the city. Plenty of pictures to come. Thank you for reading. 

P.S. The World Cup aired at 12:00 AM here, hoping for the best. Go USA!




2 comments:

  1. Anxious to see a post about the ice cream vendors. So glad you are having a good time! Love you! Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blogs and especially the pictures. So glad you are having such a great time. Love you lots, Gram

    ReplyDelete