Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Politics & Poetry

Although I've promised to make a post everyday, I feel that it would be too short of an update to post daily. So, I'd like to talk about both Monday and Tuesday in this post. On Monday, I went on a class excursion to the State Museum of the Political History of Russia. At the museum, our group visited a set of different exhibits; most of them related to the Soviet period of history. By far my most favorite exhibit was the one focusing on World War II and Josef Stalin's rule.

This Russian made radio was found in Hermann Goering's office.
Josef Stalin death mask! Creepy.
Also, on the tour I saw many items related to the Russian revolutions of 1917. Probably the coolest item/place was Lenin's personal desk and items. Within the same room there is a balcony where Lenin spoke four separate times! I personally found that to be pretty amazing.

Lenin's personal desk.
The balcony where Lenin spoke.
Today was another incredible day. I went on another class excursion, this time to a famous underground cafe where Russian poets, writers, and painters would meet. This time in history is known as the Silver Age. Over the course of this trip, I've become very fond of Russian poetry literature. Particularly Pushkin and Dostoevsky.

The stage within the cafe!
I apologize for such a short update. Thanks for reading. Have a good night/day everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment