Sunday, July 19, 2015

One of Many Keys

I haven't written anything new in quite some time. This is mainly due to the fact that I have been terribly busy. But I would be lying if I didn't admit that I have lost my taste for writing altogether. As of late nothing has truly inspired me to sit down and clack away at my keyboard. I have been stuck in the daily details of life instead. Don't get me wrong. There is nothing wrong with focusing on life one day at a time. As a matter of fact; that's exactly what this piece is going to be about. This topic brings back a lot of memories. I fondly remember writing about the importance of being a dreamer and carving your own path. Many of my readers may I think I have abandoned these principles altogether. This couldn't be further from the truth. At heart I'm still a dreamer who believes in taking the less traveled path. What I've learned over the last couple of months only builds upon those principles.

For this piece I have chosen the title 'One of Many Keys.' (Which probably took way too much time). If there is one thing I have learned in life it's that there is many keys to happiness. I think it's foolish to assume that there is a 'one size fits all' solution to being happy. It's actually the exact opposite. There are MANY keys that ultimately unlock the door to happiness. I have one key in particular that I would like to focus on. It's more of a golden rule than anything else. Keep it simple. Remember how I said focusing on things one day at a time is a good thing? Keeping it simple goes hand in hand with that. Two huge events occurred in my life over the last couple of months. First, I was accepted to the University of Georgia. The one lesson I took away from my acceptance is that hard work pays off. Second, I was awarded an internship at Coyote Logistics. Which has proven to be an amazing opportunity that I'm extremely grateful for. This is first time that I have been exposed to the daily grind outside of classes. I work from 8:00 to 5:00, Monday through Friday. I'm also a participant of the joyous event that is rush hour traffic. But, I'm actually happier than I was before. How could this be true? I have changed the way that I think. Instead of always looking to the future and waiting for things to be better, I try to enjoy each and every day. Simply taking pleasure in everything you do makes a huge difference. It could be the simplest thing. Like turning the crisp pages of the New York Times every morning with a cup of coffee. No future. No past. Just that exact moment. That my friends is simplicity at its finest.


I must admit that I'm a little bit rusty at this writing thing. So instead of trying to formulate a proper exit to this one, I'll leave you with a quote from a film. This film left a certain impression upon me. "We should concern ourselves not so much with the pursuit of happiness but rather with the happiness of pursuit." To anybody who has taken the time to read this far, thank you so much. I'm honestly flattered.

Oh, and one more thing. Big thank you to the film Hector and the Search for Happiness. 

Until next time.



No comments:

Post a Comment