Thursday, January 30, 2014

Ascending Blood Mountain

A couple of weekends ago, my friends and I took it upon ourselves to hike to the top of Blood Mountain. For me it proved to be an amazing experience seeing that it was my first time ever hiking to the top of a mountain. Blood Mountain receives the largest amount of hikers annually, is a key part of the Appalachian Trail, and is the sixth tallest mountain in the state of Georgia (4,459 feet). Luckily our group was able to find parking and the trails weren't loaded with other hikers.
You will find many small streams on your way to the top.
Normally I would go into a bit more detail about the hike itself. However, I would much rather everyone experience the hike for themselves. I will say that it is a hell of a lot of fun and the views are truly spectacular. No matter how much I write, I truly couldn't capture the stunning beauty of Blood Mountain and the terrain that surrounds it. The only word of advice I would give is to bring these things:
1. Sunglasses.
2. Lots of water.
3. A good pair of shoes, preferably hiking boots.
4. Plenty of snacks.
5. A peaceful mind.



Landon checking out one the many shelters that dot the Appalachian Trail.
With that being said, I leave you my dear reader the opportunity to go out and experience Blood Mountain for yourself!


One of many spectacular views you will encounter.






No comments:

Post a Comment